Wednesday 2 January 2013

A Quick Soup (Maltese Brodu)

Hello to all my readers, and a Happy New Year 2013. I must say I have missed my writings in the past week. I had a little holiday form everyday life , but now it's all back to same old, same old.
I am doing a quick soup today for lunch time . Quick easy and healthy. I am going to use some left over turkey in my soup today, I normally do it with chicken legs , it comes nicer! Well lets get cooking.

A Quick Soup

Ingredients

2 carrots
2 small potatoes
1 celery stick
1 onion
2 garlic cloves
1 ripe tomato
600ml of hot chicken stock
1 bay leave
1 tbsp tomato puree'
1 tsp mixed herbs
Seasoning
A handful of shredded leftover turkey ( or 4 chicken legs)
Any pasta you like ( I am going to use tortellini)

Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time :  30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Level : Easy
Serves: two

Method


Get you carrots, potatoes, celery, onions and garlic and put in some oil over a medium heat . Cook for 5 minutes and add the mixed herbs, bay leave and seasoning. Stir well and cook for a further minute on a high heat. Add the tomato puree' and the stock. Bring to a boil and lower the heat to simmer. Add the turkey and the tomato. Leave to simmer until everything is cooked. Add the pasta , and cook some more until the pasta is well cooked. Serve in a bowl , maybe with bread if you want. I decided not to this time as we have been eating so much over the holidays.


1 comment:

  1. I love making it but I add so much more also good with rice instead of pasta

    ReplyDelete