Friday 16 November 2012

Roasted Guinea Fowl with a Whiskey Sauce and Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables

This Guinea Fowl has been on my mind for ages. I like to try new things. I've tried other birds before and I always liked their flavour. So last weekend while doing the shopping my man gr abed one and put it in the trolley! He said there, your wish is granted . So I get to cook it and eat it today. I'm in the process at the minute so I have no idea of the out come just yet. I promise I will try to explain the flavour and how it turned out at the end of my recipe . I will also do my best to remember and upload a picture to this meal. Well that is if I'm not to tipsy to remember later. It's Friday I'm allowed to an extra glass of wine.


Total Time: Over an hour
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 65 minutes
Serves: 2-4
Level : Medium


Roasted Guinea Fowl with a Whiskey Sauce and Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables

Ingredients

For the Guinea Fowl

1 Guinea Fowl (about 1 kilo)
olive oil
seasoning

For the Mediterranean Vegetables

1 green pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 crogette
1 carrot
1/2 a red onion
3 garlic clove crushed
1 tomato
Olive oil
Oregano
Thyme
Seasoning

For the Whiskey Sauce

100 ml of double cream
100ml of vegetable stock
80ml of whiskey


Method

Put the Guinea Fowl in a tray brush it with olive oil and season. And put in a preheated oven 200 degrees for 65 minutes.
For the roasted med veggies. Chop it all up , and put in a baking dish that fits it all. drizzle with oil, season and sprinkle the oregano on top. Bake in the oven with your Guinea Fowl for 40 minutes
If you are doing roasted potatoes to serve on the side like I am, put them in the oven at the same time of the Guinea Fowl.
For the Whiskey Sauce. When the Guinea Fowl is ready, leave to rest in a warm place, I cover it with foil and leave it in an open oven. Take the tray , remove any excess fat, and put on the hob. Scrape the flavours from the dish and add the whiskey to it. Bring to a boil and reduce by a quarter. Add the stock and cream and bring to a boil again and simmer for 2 minutes. Take off the heat and blend with a hand blender, and pour into a gravy bowl . Instead of blending you could sift it trough a fine sieve.
take your Guinea Fowl and carve, serve with Roasted Potatoes, Med Veggies and the sauce !!


N.B : As I promised the pictures are underneath , and it tasted nice, but no different to chicken in my opinion. My man was a bit disappointed he said. '' Next time I'll buy  chicken.''
 If it wasn't for the rich sauce you would have never thought it was a different meal!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts. fine wine

    ReplyDelete