Monday 19 November 2012

Roasted Duck

I love duck. I have to say the meat is rally good. I'm not quite into sweetness with food, I know most people will eat with orange or some sort of other fruit. I like to keep it simple. The flavours that come out of it are just fine for me!

Roasted Duck

1 duck 1.5 kilos
Seasoning

 

I served mine with some caramelized carrots, green beans, roast potatoes and broccoli. Made some gravy out of the juices of the duck

Place your duck in a baking dish , but on a wire rack. You need to do this so the fat will drip down in the dish and the duck won't keep cooking in all the fat. Prick your duck all over , season well with salt and pepper, put in a preheated oven 180 degrees. Best to put it in the middle of the oven for a best result. Cook the duck 20 minutes for every 500g plus an extra 20 minutes.

When it ready , take out the oven cover with foil and leave to cool for 10-15 minutes. In the meantime, you can do your gravy. Pour out all the fat form the dish, and put on the hob on a medium heat. Scrape all the flavours and juices that come out of the duck with a wooden spoon, add a table spoon of flour, and about 500ml of warm vegetable stock. leave to simmer for a few minutes until it's thick enough.

Serve your duck wit vegetables of your likings

No comments:

Post a Comment