Monday 12 November 2012

Lasagna

Another week another day! I am going to cook an all time classic today Lasagna . Probably you all already now how to cook it ! But I'm not here to teach you , just to share and chat with my readers. This is one of my few different recipes of lasagna. I like to keep lively in my kitchen. I hate eating the same dinners. Plus I do like to spend time in the kitchen and experiment, even challenge myself. Being at home all day gives me a lot of time to do this.

 I will always remember the first time . When my man first moved to live with me .
 This is the dish I cooked that first day. It's definitely a crowd pleas-er this dish. I didn't now him that well,not sure what he like to eat normally and his taste buds. So I was sure to make the right move ;) and I did! Lasagna hardly ever fails.

Total time: 1hour 15 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: About an hour
Serves 4-5
Level : medium


Lasagna

Ingredients

500g of minced beef
1 onion
1 carrot
2 celery sticks
1 clove of garlic
2 * 400g of chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp of tomato puree'
Worcester sauce
Olive oil
Oregano
A pinch of nutmeg
Seasoning


For the besciamella sauce

100g flour
100g butter
1 liter of milk
A pinch of nutmeg
Pepper
Parmesan



In a hot pan , add some oil. Now add the vegetables , and live to cook for about 10 minutes on a low heat.
Turn your oven at 190 degrees.
Turn you heat up. Add your mince in the pan with the vegetables, make sure you cook it trough, nice and brown all over. Add a generous splash of Worcester sauce , and leave to evaporate for another 3 minutes. You could use a splash of red wine instead. I don't really like to waste my wine in food. So Worcester sauce does the trick for me ;). Add your chopped tomatoes, puree', oregano and nutmeg. Stir and combine all the ingredients together, bring to a boil and leave to simmer uncovered until you start with your besciamella sauce. In a pan melt your butter, add the flour and cook for a minute or less. Add the milk little by little.  Cook until thick , add a pinh of nunmeg , balck pepper and good grate of Parmesan. Take off the heat and leave to cool.
Time to assable your lasagna together. Get a good sized dish. cover the bottom with some beciamella sauce, and layer your first layer of pasta sheets. Use some of your red sauce to cover the sheets, and a little more white sauce, sprinkle some Parmesan . Add repeat again, until you finish yor sauces and fill the dish. The top layer , put some sheets and cover them with white sauce. Bake on the lowest shelf of the oven for about 40 minutes.
Take it out and leave to rest for 10/15 minutes before serving!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment