Wednesday 7 November 2012

Pork Goulash

This meal is a first time for me. But I like to try new things. Plus it is easy and quick. I am going to use a slow cooker as I am quite a fan . I find it so good to use. especially when I have hings to or places to go. I come back and dish up for everyone instead of start to cook. It's an essential in my kitchen.

Pork Goulash is a  Hungarian pork stew.


Total time: up to 8 hours
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Cook time : slow cooker 6-8hours on low,  In the oven 1 1/2 hours, on the hob for 3 hours.
Level : easy
serves 4



Ingredients


450g pork fillet
2 green peppers
1 onion 2 garlic cloves
1tsp oregano
3 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tin plum tomatoes
3 ripe tomatoes
1tsp red wine vinegar
2tbsp plain flour
seasoning
100ml beef stock
2 rd chillies deseeded


To Serve

Creamy mash
Bread



Chop everything . Get your chopped pork and mix with flour paprika and season. Add in a pan with some oil and brown all over. You would be better doing this on a high heat. Set aside until you saute the onion and garlic in the same pan with a little bit more oil but turn the heat right down.Using the same pan all the juices and flavours of the pork get in the onions. Leave for 5 minutes and add the peppers, tomatoes and the chillies in. Cook for another minute or two. Add the oregano. A little splash of the red wine vinegar and leave it all cook away before you put in the tinned plum tomatoes and the stock. Bring the pork back to the pan and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Tip it all in the slow coocker and leave on the low setting for 6/8 hours.

You then have all the time u want to do everything else and the all the house cleaning. Maybe go out and have a cappucino.
This meal is meant to be low calorie, but not with the mash and bread on the side ;)
You can have it with a dolop of  plain yogurt instead.
I quite like my carbs , so mash and bread will do me fine .

No comments:

Post a Comment