Friday 7 December 2012

A Quick Meat Sauce For Pasta

Most people today have a busy life. Therefore can not afford to spend all day in the kitchen. On the plus side this meal is a cheap meal too. I was meant to do something completley diffeerent today. But I have been so busy this week, this month December is a busy month . I do'tmind it all , makes things interesting . Any way I found out last minute , just when I was strating to cook that I had no eggs left. So I had to change my plans for dinner. I had a quick look in my cupboards, and came up with this.

Meat sauce

500g minced meat
3 rashers of bacon
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 red pepper
1 tbsp oregano
1 jar chili and tomato sauce
1 tbsp tomato paste
A pinch of sugar
A splash of water
Olive oil
Seasoning

Serve with

Pasta ( I used Tagliatelle)
Parmesan Cheese
Freshly ground Pepper

Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time : 30 minutes
Serves 4
Level: easy

Method

Heat up some oil and add the onion . Gently fry the onion until soft. Add the bacon and the mince. Turn the heat up a little. When the mince is brown add the crushed garlic and the peppers. Fry for a further minute or two. Add the jar of sauce and the tomato paste. Fill half the jar with water and add to the pan, along with a pinch of sugar. Season and add the oregano. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes. Mix with pasta and sprinkle over some grated cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment