Wednesday 31 October 2012

Muffins and lamb chops !

Hello fellow blogger's , it's a new day! It's halloween today. I was originally planning on doing some spooky stuff and a halloween themed dinner. But if I have to be honest with my readers, I'm having a bad day today. Therefore I'm not in the mood for halloween unfortunately , and I was so looking forward to it as it's my first one in the UK. Never mind there will be others.

Lets not bore you with my stuff for now I'm planning on some lamb chops today maybe do a nice sauce on the side, with some chips and greens (broccoli and peas) . Easy dinner with little effort .
You know what I decided to do some baking after all, this is my medicine and it just makes me feel better. I am trying some muffins, will write down the recipe after I finish and upload some pictures, for know happy halloween x

Done my muffins :) and I certinally feel better.

Halloween Chocolate Muffins

With Rum chocolate sauce on top

Total time: 2hrs
cooking time: 20mins
preparation time 1hr 30 mins
Level: Easy
Makes 12 muffins


Ingredients

50g dark chocolate
85g butter
200g self-raising flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
85g brown sugar
50g caster sugar
1 egg
140ml sour cream



For the Rum Chocolate sauce

150ml of double cream
60g of dark chocolate
2tbsp of dark Rum

I started with the rum chocolate sauce as it needs to be left to cool down at least an hour . Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and put it in a pan of boiling water so that is melts. When done leave a side to  cool down.

preheat your oven on 170 degrees and make sure your rack is on the lowest setting of the oven. Take the chocolate and the butter and put in a bowl and over a pan to melt and set aside.
Mix the flour with the sugars and the bicarbonate of soda in a big mixing bowl. In another bowl beat an egg and add the sour cream to it. Now you are ready to mix everything together. your chocolate, and the egg mixture all go inn with the flour mixture. Beat it slowly so u combine all the ingredients together.
Take out your muffin tray and line it with cup cake paper cases. I didn't have them so I lined it with a bit of butter and spooned in the mixture. Make you sure you don't over fill them like I did :p
They turned out alright and tasty but they were a bit too big on top.
Put in the oven and bake for about 20 mins.

Leave them cool down at least for 30 mins, before you take them out and start decorating. I used some rum chocolate sauce on top of all of them and then had some extra dark chocolate, which I melted and with this chocolate I done two circles on each muffin top one smaller then the other and then with a cocktail stick scored trough them so that the end results looks a bit like a cob web . A bit of a hallo-weeny style!


 

 

 

 

My muffins before been put in the oven
My extra large muffins, just baked        
Nicely decorated                                           
Made to look a bit pretty with decorated tray

 







Time to start dinner!
Well as I said earlier I'm planning on doing some lamb chops , you could do them any way you want really. I decided I'm going to try bake them in the oven. But you could easily grill them or even shallow fry them. I normally grill them, this is the first time I'm trying this reciepe and bakeing the chops . I'm sure they will turn out just fine.


Total time:1hr
cooking time: 30mins/40mins (depends how you like them cooked)
preperation time:15 mins
level : meduim
Serves 3


Ingredients

9 lamb chops
rosemary
garlic
onion

 

for the sauce

wholegrain mustard
olive oil
25g butter
25g flour
175ml of milk
175ml vegetable stock
a dollop of sour cream
rosemary
onion

Serve with some chips , broccoli and peas.


preheat the oven on 180 degrees.
Sort your lamb chops on a baking dish (I used a shallow one) drizzle with some oil , and put the onion and garlic in with the chops, scatter the rosemary leaves on top and cover with some foil. At the same time you will put the chops in the oven if you're doing chips , you will need to put them in as well . I put the chips on a high shelf and the chops nearer to the bottom of the oven. Leave to cook for about 40 mins or to your preferred likings.

Now you can start your sauce.
Melt the butter in a frying pan and very gently fry your onion until it's nice and soft but not brown.
Finley chop your rosemary and  add to the onion, keep frying gently. About 5 mins. Make sure you don't vrown your onions, you really want to keep an eye on them. Add two 2bsp of wholegrain mustard and cook for about 30 seconds, be ready to add the plain flour and stir until smooth. Add the milk followed by the stock and bring to a boil. If you think it's too thick feel free to add more water to it. Leave it simmer for two minutes . When ready to serve add a nice dollop of  sour cream to it.
Serve in a gravy bowl so everyone helps themselves.

Will upload a picture later when I finished cooking dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment